Laser Tattoo Removal Services in London, Ontario
Laser technology is the safest and most effective treatment for tattoo removal. The Nd-YAG laser targets the tattoo pigment with a highly concentrated beam of light and breaks it down into tiny fragments. These fragments are then eliminated by the body’s immune system. With multiple treatments, the tattoo will fade and can be eliminated.
Laser Tattoo Removal Frequently Asked Questions
Why do people seek out laser tattoo removal treatments?
Our lives are constantly changing and so do ideas about what we want on our skin. Preferences vary for many reasons, employment and romance are two of the main motivators for people seeking laser tattoo removal treatments. Before laser tattoo removal became available the methods used could damage the skin (see other tattoo removal methods listed below). Laser tattoo removal is the safest tattoo removal method available today.
How does laser tattoo removal work?
The laser targets tattoo pigment with a highly concentrated beam of light and breaks it down into tiny fragments. These fragments are then removed by the body’s immune system. With multiple treatments, the tattoo will fade and can be eliminated with minimal to no damage to the surrounding skin.
Black tattoo pigment is the easiest color to treat since it absorbs all laser wavelengths. Other colors can be treated by selected wavelengths based on pigment color.
What does laser tattoo removal feel like?
Laser tattoo removal feels similar to a snapping rubber band. Some areas of the body are more sensitive than others and tolerance varies from person to person. We apply a topical anesthetic at no extra charge.
How many treatments are required?
The number of treatments required could be anywhere between 1 to 10 treatments, depending on several factors listed below:
- Depth of the pigment
- Pigment saturation
- Location on the body
- Condition of the tattoo
- Healing process of the skin
What should be avoided before a laser tattoo treatment?
The following should be avoided before a laser tattoo removal treatment:
- Sun exposure or tanning beds
- Depilatory creams
- Medications that cause light sensitivity
The skin integrity should not be compromised in any way prior to a laser tattoo removal treatment.
How long should treatments be spaced apart?
The healing process takes approximately 6 to 8 weeks. It is necessary to allow the body to do its part of flushing the pigment through the lymphatic system. It is necessary to allow the healing process to run its course, interfering with this can cause damage to the skin.
What are the aftercare instructions for laser tattoo removal?
The most important aftercare instructions are:
- keep the treatment area clean and dry,
- refrain from sun exposure, and
- apply aftercare ointment.
Detailed aftercare instructions are provided at the consultation, we are available to answer questions any time.
Is laser tattoo removal safe?
Laser tattoo removal is very safe when being done by a highly trained technician It is much safer than the other methods available. With proper before and after care tattoos can be removed successfully.
What other types of tattoo removal are available?
There are several different types of tattoo removal as listed below:
- Surgical removal: The tattoo is surgically cut out and removed and the remaining skin is sutured. The incisions and sutures are highly likely to cause damage to the skin.
- Saline or chemical implantation: A saline or chemical is implanted in the tattoo using the same tools used to insert the tattoo, the saline or chemical combine with the pigment and rise to the surface of the skin. The implantation of the saline or chemical can traumatize the skin depending on the implantation technique. This technique is the best of the alternatives to treat the colors that are most challenging to treat with laser tattoo removal. If done correctly it can work well.
- Do it yourself tattoo removal creams: These creams have not been approved by Health Canada due to lack of clinical evidence, as well as their can be side effects such as rashes and skin damage. These do it yourself creams are highly likely to cause scarring.
- Do it yourself tattoo removal methods: These methods can cause side effects such as rashes and skin damage and not been scientifically proven to be effective. These do it yourself methods are highly likely to cause scarring.
- Salabrasion and dermabrasion: A saline or chemical mechanical method that consists of the abrasion of the epidermis and dermis with a rotating mechanical instrument or abrasive scrub. These methods are very painful and cause long-term damage to the epidermis and are highly likely to cause scarring.
Your Trusted Laser Tattoo Services in London, Ontario
Trust North London Electrolysis and Laser to help you get rid of a stubborn tattoo that you no longer want.